- Preparation time:
- 45 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes
- 1 mango, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- Chantilly cream, to serve
- Crushed pistachios, to decorate
- 250ml coconut cream
- 50ml coconut milk
- 100ml milk
- 200ml water
- 25g rock sugar
- 50g sago
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 80g caster sugar
- 30ml water
RED BEAN PANCAKES
- 140g plain flour
- 40g cake flour
- 80ml hot water
- 30ml cold water
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 8 tbs red bean paste
- To make sago soup, stir all ingredients except sago in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Cook sago in a large saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until pearls are clear and translucent. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Add to coconut mixture. Divide among serving glasses. Refrigerate until cold. Top with mango and grapefruit to serve.
- To make syrup, stir all ingredients over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened. Cool.
- To make pancakes, whisk flours and hot water to combine. Whisk in cold water and oil to form a dough. Knead lightly on an oiled board. Wrap in cling film and set aside for 20 minutes. Divide into four portions.
- Transfer a portion to a lightly oiled board and roll into a rectangle. Spread a quarter of the red bean paste over the centre. Fold in four sides to form a parcel shape. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
- Shallow fry pancakes two at a time until golden and crisp on each side.
- Drizzle pancakes with lime syrup and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with sago and Chantilly cream.
This recipe has not been tested.