- Preparation time:
- 1 hour
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes
- 8 lamb cutlets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbs finely chopped rosemary
- 80ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 125ml brewed peppermint tea
- 2 tbs currants
- 160ml vegetable stock
- 140g couscous
- 2 tbs chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tbs chopped roasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbs chopped roasted pistachios
- seeds of ½ pomegranate
- ½ bunch parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
MINTED PEA PURÉE
- 500g frozen peas
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 25g butter
- To make marinade, pound garlic cloves and salt with a mortar and pestle to a fine paste. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Refrigerate until required.
- To make couscous salad, combine tea and currants in a bowl and set aside to steep for 10 minutes. Drain and discard tea.
- Bring stock to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff and separate grains with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir through remaining ingredients.
- To make minted pea purée, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, adding mint for last 1 minute. Drain. Blend until smooth. Add butter and season. Blend to combine.
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked as desired. Transfer to a warm plate, lightly covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve lamb with couscous and pea purée.
This recipe has not been tested.