- Preparation time:
- 45 minutes (+ 4 hours setting)
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes
- Chives and micro herbs, to garnish
- 1½ sheets gelatine leaf
- 250ml (1 cup) pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 blood orange, juiced
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbs verjuice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 avocados, flesh scooped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs crème fraiche
- 4 chives, finely chopped
- 4 cooked blue swimmer crabs, meat picked
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- To make pomegranate gel, soak gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Place pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Squeeze gelatine leaves to remove excess water, then whisk into hot juice until dissolved.
- Pour into a jug and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Blitz with a stick blender until a gel forms.
- To make dressing, simmer blood orange juice in a small saucepan until reduced by two-thirds. Set aside to cool completely. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Season.
- To make avocado puré, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season.
- To make crab salad, whisk crème fraîche with chives. Stir in crab meat, then season. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Spoon puré into each serving bowl. Top with salad. Drizzle over dressing and dot with gel. Garnish with chives and herbs to serve.
This recipe has been tested.