- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 2 minutes
- 400g skinless, sashimi-grade yellowtail kingfish, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 bunch coriander stems and leaves
- 40ml lime juice
- 25g brown sugar
- ½ long red chilli
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 ice cubes
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 40ml fish sauce
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- 60g beansprouts
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ small fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into julienne
- To make nam jim, blend all ingredients, except ice, until smooth, adding ice halfway through. Season.
- To make dressing, place fish sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes, swirling to warm and melt the sugar. Place lime juice in a large bowl and add fish sauce mixture. Refrigerate until cold.
- To make salad, toss all ingredients plus a third of the dressing in a large bowl to combine.
- Add fish to remaining dressing and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Divide fish and salad among serving bowls and serve with nam jim to the side.
This recipe has been tested.