- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 25 minutes
- 4 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1½ tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 figs, halved
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
FIG & RED WINE SAUCE
- 6 figs, diced
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 50g cold butter, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 100g baby rocket
- 2 figs, diced
- 4 tbs chopped macadamias, toasted
- To make sauce, place figs, eschalots, wine and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until reduced by a third. Strain liquid, discarding solids.
- Return liquid to pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in butter, one cube at a time, until thick and glossy.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Rub salmon all over with oil and sumac. Season.
- Roast for 8 minutes or until medium rare. Stand for 5 minutes to rest.
- To make salad, toss all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- Preheat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Add figs, cut-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Add vinegar and cook for 1 minute or until lightly caramelised.
- Divide salmon, salad and figs among serving plates and drizzle over sauce to serve.
This recipe has been tested.