- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt flakes
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons (zested lemon reserved)
- 2 tbs finely chopped thyme
- 2 tbs finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbs finely chopped tarragon
- 200g mascarpone
- 6 spatchcock
- 4 garlic cloves, extra, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1kg carrots, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g unsalted butter
- 60ml thickened cream
- ½ bunch, silverbeet, leaves halved lengthways
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 eschallot, finely chopped
- ½ bunch, silverbeet, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the garlic and salt flakes in a mortar and pestle and grind down into a coarse paste. Add zest and herbs and grind to combine.
- Transfer mixture from pestle to a bowl and stir in mascarpone.
- Using your hands spread 1 tablespoon of the marsacarpone mixture under the skin of each spatchcock. Reserve remaining mixture.
- Coarsely chop the zested lemons and stuff into spatchcock cavities along with the additional garlic cloves. Tie legs with kitchen string, place in a large pan and drizzle with oil and juice.
- Add stock to pan. Roast for about 35 minutes or until cooked through, basting every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest, lightly covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Carve into portions.
- To make carrot puree, place carrots in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender. Drain. Transfer to a blender.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook onions until very soft, but not coloured. Stir in garlic until soft. Add to carrots. Blend until smooth. Add butter and cream and blend until smooth. Season.
- 10. To roast silverbeet, place leaves in an oven tray in a single layer. Toss with oil and season with salt. Roast until crisp.
- 11. Meanwhile, to braise silverbeet, heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook eschallot until soft. Add silverbeet and chicken stock. Cook, covered, until silverbeet is tender. Season.
- 12. To make sauce, whisk stock and reserved masacarpone mixture in a saucepan over medium heat to combine. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add all juices form rested and carved spatchcocks.
This recipe has not been tested.