- Preparation time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- Coriander, crushed roasted peanuts and shredded kaffir lime leaves, to garnish
- 300g jasmine rice, well-rinsed
- 375ml cold water
- 200ml coconut cream
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 400ml coconut cream
- 125ml chicken stock
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed, finely chopped
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500g eye fillet, thinly sliced
- 100g snow peas, sliced
- To prepare coconut rice, stir all ingredients in a saucepan to combine. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand covered, for 10 minutes.
- To make beef satay, heat a wok over medium-low heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, kecap manis and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a simmer. Add pumpkin. Simmer, covered, until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Stir in beef and snow peas. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked as desired.
- Serve beef satay with coconut rice. Garnish with coriander, peanuts and lime leaves.
This recipe has been tested.