- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- 12 baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Sliced spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds, to garnish
- Hoisin sauce, to drizzle
- 3 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing)
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1cm-piece fresh ginger, cut into julienne
- 300g pork mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 40g water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 50g bamboo shoots, cut into julienne
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 80g beansprouts
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To make sauce, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove and set aside.
- To make filling, heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add mince and stir-fry, breaking up any lumps, for 3 minutes. Add sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes to slightly reduce.
- Increase heat and add onion, mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and chillies. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve and return liquid to wok. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Return pork mixture to wok with sauce. Stir through beansprouts and coriander.
- Divide pork mixture among lettuce leaves and top with spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Drizzle over hoisin sauce to serve.
This recipe has been tested.