- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes (+ marinating)
- Cooking time:
- 1 side skinless trout
- 500ml (2 cups) beetroot juice
- 60ml (¼ cup) Linie Aquavit
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Crème fraîche, dill sprigs and finely chopped chives, to serve
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 150g coarse sea salt
- 75g (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 tbs coarsely ground white pepper
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pinch of brown sugar
- 250g heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch snow pea shoots, trimmed
- 2 tbs baby capers, drained
- 1 blood orange, segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
- To make rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place half the mixture in the base of a ceramic dish, place fish on top, then rub in remaining mixture.
- Pour over combined beetroot juice and Aquavit. Top with a layer of cling film or baking paper and weigh it down with another dish of equal size. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl. Season. Add salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Rub away salt mixture, then thinly slice fish.
- Divide salad among serving bowls and top with sliced fish. Dot with crème fraîche and top with dill and chives to serve.
This recipe has been tested.