- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1kg potatoes, unpeeled
- 100g butter, chopped
- 350ml milk, warmed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 300g marinated olives, seeded
- 4 x 200g snapper fillets, skin on
- Lemon slices and dill sprigs, to serve
LEMON & CHIVE SAUCE
- 200g salted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 180C. Using a fork, prick potatoes all over and place on an oven tray. Roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out flesh and pass through a ricer into a bowl. Add butter and milk. Using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth and creamy. Season, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Increase oven to 200C.
- Place tomatoes on an oven tray. Drizzle with half the oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender, charred and slightly split.
- Process olives in a food processor until a coarse purée forms. Set aside until needed.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in lemon juice and chives, then season.
- Pat fish skin dry and season with salt.
- Preheat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Add fish, skin-side down, to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Divide mash among serving plates, top with fish and olive purée. Spoon over sauce. Add tomatoes to the side, then garnish with lemon and dill to serve.
This recipe has been tested.