- Preparation time:
- 1 hour 10 minutes (+ freezing)
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour 10 minutes
PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
- 750ml thickened cream
- 8 green cardamom pods, brusied
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 8 egg yolks
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g shelled roasted pistachios, chopped
- 60g palm sugar, grated
- 100g butter
- 330g caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
LEMON & GINGER BISCOTTI
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g plain flour
- 35g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs finely chopped crystallised ginger
- To make ice cream, stir cream, cardamom and vanilla seeds in a medium saucepan over low heat until hot.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture and return to a clean pan.
- Stir over medium heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Strain into a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Pour into an ice cream make and churn according to manufacturers instructions, adding nuts and palm sugar just before the end of churning.
- To make lemon curd, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth and combined and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour into a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make biscottit, whisk sugar and egg until combined. Stir in combined sifted flours and ground ginger to form a dough. Stir in zest and crystalised ginger.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 20cm long log. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes then cut into 5mm slices. Arrange slices on tray in a single layer.
- 10. Reduce oven to 150C and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 11. Serve ice cream and curd with biscotti.
This recipe has been tested.