- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 125g butter, chopped
- 150g blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh nasturtium leaves, deep-fried sage leaves and grated parmesan, to garnish
- 250g ricotta
- 160g finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 150g plain flour, plus extra, to dust
SAGE & WALNUT SAUCE
- 125g butter
- 100g walnuts
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- To make gnocchi, using a butter knife, lightly combine all ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into four portions.
- Lightly roll out each portion until 2cm thick, then cut into 3cm pieces. Set aside.
- To make sauce, heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sage and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Season well.
- Cook gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from water and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Transfer gnocchi to pan with butter and fry, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Divide gnocchi among serving plates and top with blue cheese and nasturtium and sage leaves. Spoon over sauce and top with parmesan to serve.
This recipe has been tested.