Veggie Burgers with Harissa and Parsley Salad
- Preparation time:
- 30 mins
- Cooking time:
- 15 mins
- MKR Tested
- 250g (1 cup) natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed
- 1 tbs l lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves intact
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 425g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 425g can four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 425g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 4 coriander roots
- ½ red onion, peeled, diced
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 35g (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- This harissa would also be delicious served with grilled fish, chicken or steak.
- Refrigerating the burger patties before cooking helps them to firm up, making them easier to handle during cooking.
- We used conventional burger buns but you could use wholemeal, sourdough or even French baguettes.
- To find out more about the Food Truck trend, visit Yahoo!7 Food.
To make harissa, cook capsicum over an open flame for 10 minutes or until black and charred. Place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Stand 10 minutes, then peel and discard seeds and core.
Place capsicums with remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
To make burger patties, place all ingredients in a food processor and preocess until combined. Shape into 4 patties, then refrigerate until firm.
To make tzatziki, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
To make parsley salad, whisk oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Grease a frying pan with vegetable oil, then place over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
To assemble, spread harissa on bun base. Top with lettuce, burger patty, tzatziki and parsley salad. Finish with bun top to serve.