- Preparation time:
- 30 mins
- Cooking time:
- 15 mins
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 150g self-raising flour, plus extra, to dust
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, finely diced
- 3 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbs finely chopped mint
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- To make dough, sift flour into a medium bowl and make a well in the centre. Add yoghurt and salt. Using your hands, mix together until a dough forms, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- To make lamb filling, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Remove and set aside. Increase heat to high, then add lamb and cook, in batches, for 4-5 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from heat. Add onion and garlic, as well as remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 portions, then roll each portion into a 12cm square. Divide filling among squares, placing at one end of each and folding over to enclose, pinching edges to seal.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan or barbecue hotplate. Add gozleme and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Visit Yahoo!7 Food and try out a new lamb recipes tonight!