Page 1 of 12
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Ren
19 Sep 2010

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 08 May 2011 20:36
How good was Damien Leith? Who would have thunk it? What a great start to the show!! Damien has my vote for sure.... Go Damo, you rock! :) xox
coach
09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 08 May 2011 20:50
Yeah! I was surprised! He did really well :)
Ella
10 Aug 2009

Posted Sun 08 May 2011 20:51
Yup :)

He was lovely. I was pleasantly surprised.
Yogi508
10 Jan 2009

Posted Sun 08 May 2011 22:29
Damien was fantastic! He really got right into it from the start. Can't wait to see what he does next week.

Hope he doesn't get forgotten after being first. :(

Vote For Damien

Call
1902 55 77 18 for Damien Leith

SMS Damien to 191 777

Quite a lot of different levels of ability so far but well done to all the contestants for surviving the first night..must have been terrifying!
lynda
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 10:08
yes damien did a great job,i was impressed, i will vote for him as well as a few other favs.
Fiona
14 Nov 2009

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 10:11
Good luck to Damien he is a lovely guy 
remshalee
04 May 2011

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 10:15
I agree with all your comments.  Damien was great and such a pleasant surprise!
Roosterkate
30 Sep 2010

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 10:37
How good was Damien's partner Melanie Hooper? She's amazing it's very hard to watch Damien she's too distracting (in a good way of course!). I hope he will stay for a few weeks so we will get to see her in a Rumba or Jive, she has amazing leg action, so fast and so smooth and so slick. Damien's fans should be happy, he is in  very good hands.
Mandy
09 May 2011

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 13:40

I thought Damien was fantastic.  He sure did surprise me.  :-)
coach
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 09 May 2011 16:21
Thanks for the numbers Yogi. And you're right people can forget to vote for the good ones - and also for those that go first - they get lost in the rest of the show
Yogi508
10 Jan 2009

Posted Tue 10 May 2011 10:35
Here are Damien's numbers again. Don't forget the fantastic performance he gave Sunday night.

Vote For Damien

Call

SMS Damien to 191 777

bluebaby1
11 May 2011

Posted Fri 13 May 2011 15:57

I thought Damien and his partner Melanie did a fabulous job on the first episode of Dancing, he will definitely be getting my votes, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he will do next Sunday night
sparkle666

Posted Fri 13 May 2011 19:15

Damien and Melanie were soo good last Sunday night, I'm really looking forward to seeing their dance routine this week.

I noticed that Damien's voting line had a glitch in it on Sunday night? anyone else have the same problem?
When you rang, the phone clicked and then had that disconnect tone, it went like that most of the night. I phoned ch7 and they said they were working on it!!!! I hope that doesn't upset the votes!! :(

Make sure you vote to keep Damien and Melanie in the comp..

Vote For Damien

Call

SMS Damien to 191 777
Yogi508
10 Jan 2009

Posted Sun 15 May 2011 11:34
I tried for over an hour on Monday morning and all I got was a drop out signal. Same as you I hope this doesn't impact on Damien & Melanie's votes. ( I even tried to phone the other contestants lines in case it was wide spread but every other line rang immediately. )

Has this show always been so biased towards it's favourites? On the front page of the official site  it has the top 3 ..with no mention of Damien at all. Given that he is equal third it seems a bit unfair that Hayley is listed and not Damien.

Damien's was one of the best on the night but it hasn't been mentioned on any of the promos I've seen since last week... it's pretty frustrating.

Also, as I have only watched this show casually before, can someone tell me how the voting works? I have tried my best to find it on the site without success.

Last week's judges votes plus the viewer's votes from this past week..OR

This week's judges votes plus the viewer's votes from this past week?

Yogi508
10 Jan 2009

Posted Sun 15 May 2011 22:54
Damien Leith and Melanie Hooper were outstanding tonight! Woohoo! Go Damien! So sexy!

Vote For Damien

Call

SMS Damien to 191 777
remshalee
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 16 May 2011 09:40
I think Damien is dancing so brilliantly! What a great surprise...I know I was surprised by his ability last week...and last night he surprised, again! Good on you, Damien! You are terrific! Keep up the good work!
lynda
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 16 May 2011 09:51
damien you were fantastic,will be voting for you, keep up the great dancing, you are such a talented guy.i also love your new cd ROY it's
lovely.
AndieCapp
27 Jun 2010

Posted Mon 16 May 2011 10:05
I have a feeling that Damien Leith will win this year's comp! He is extremely talented ... not at all amateurish but almost like a professional. Considering how hard it is for the male celebs to learn how to dance as well as lead, he is doing one helluva good job!

At Yogi re the voting system .... I'm, pretty sure it's the first of your two suggestions (ie last week's judges' votes + the following week's viewer votes). Maybe somebody here can confirm?
Yogi508
10 Jan 2009

Posted Mon 16 May 2011 14:28
Thanks Andie Capp.. I couldn't figure out how it would work.

I'm suprised that Sunrise & The Morning Show didn't even mention Damien's 9,9,9 performance, given that last week they were having apoplexy about Manu's top score.

I don't begrudge Manu getting airtime..he's lovely and a good dancer, but it's a bit unfair when other good dancers are being ignored. Getting three 9's in week 2 would be pretty noteworthy I would have thought.

The contrived hype over the judges "fight" this week is all they are focusing on, which is turning me off big time.

Anyway I'm off to vote some more for Damien..he deserves it!

Vote For Damien

Call

SMS Damien to 191 777
J P
28 May 2010

Posted Mon 16 May 2011 18:55

What a great job Damien did last night.  Not only a talented singer but he seems to have natural dance ability as well  He and his dance partner were pretty hot!
Dawn McArthur
17 May 2011

Posted Tue 17 May 2011 03:45
Ooooh Mercy!!! Damien and Mel were sizzling hot and sexy...talented to boot. That was an amazing Foxtrot, worthy of three 9s. Wonder why the top couple don't get any publicity or mention
bluebaby1
11 May 2011

Posted Tue 17 May 2011 12:36

What a terrific performance by Damien and mel on DWTS on Sunday night, they were by far the best couple and thoroughly deserved the 9.9.9. votes.
Damien is sizzling hot @Dawn, I really am looking forward to what they will be doing next Sunday.
Has anyone seen any advertising during the week showing the top dancers this week, I haven't yet!!!!
Trills
08 Dec 2009

Posted Wed 18 May 2011 13:37
Hey y'all! *waves to Andie*

Some of you know me here and some don't  ;)  but let me just say:
Damien and Melanie were postively ballistic on Sunday night! Dynamite and grenades going off all over the place! haha!

Sure, he has more to learn and can improve (his posture is definitely one area, as Helen so correctly pointed out) and perhaps his hands need some work, but as far as learning the moves, acting the part and connecting with mel, he's picked it all up so quickly, I'm stunned!!.. but then again, not, because that's who Damien is..an incredibly hard working, multi-talented man.

I just eish the publicity for the show gave him some credit, as others have been saying. All we've heard about so far has been Manu ad nauseaum. Brynne ad nauseaum and now josh and Todd having "words" and unfortunately, Lara's twisted ankle (ouch!)..how about a bit of acknowledgement in the promos of how he's taken everyone by surprise?? Sure, we see ten seconds of him in thsi weeks promo, but no mention of his name! Pfft!

If the producers thinks that controversy is the only drawcard this show has,they need to think again. People watch to see those they LIKE, (and want to vote for) DANCING. You'd think the dancing was only secondary to the gossip, the way they're plugging it at the moment. Popularity counts, but hey, credit were it's  DUE, folks!
aco...

Posted Thu 19 May 2011 03:25

he is hot!
AndieCapp
27 Jun 2010

Posted Thu 19 May 2011 13:17
Hey Trills! Great to see you here at last!

Damien was amazing last Sunday night and I can honestly say that he will be the one to beat this year. If he does win, he'll be the second male celebrity to really have earned the crown as far as I'm concerned ..... with the exception of Tom Williams, the other male celebs who won in previous years didn't merit the win but I'm sure that as this year's series progresses Damien will just go from strength to strength! As I said elsewhere, Manu may have the "Drool Factor" lol, but Damien is much better on the dance-floor at this early stage!

If you have the time, come and talk to us (myself and a lot of other lovely ladies) on the off-topic thread (pinned at the top of the forum page) where we still talk about dance (we have at least 2 resident dancers on that thread, Cutey and Pandora) but, as the name implies, we talk about other things as well! Hope to see you there sometime soon Trills!

in the meantime ...... GO DAMIEN!
ForumsDamien Leith
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed

COMPARE & SAVE