• Chicken StockVegetables
1. Sear lamb shoulder to give a nice colour on each side.
2. Cover kipflers with water and salt, season with thyme, bay leaf, onion and garlic.
3. Slowly cook Kipflers to knife goes through easily.
4. Blanch carrots, fennel and turnips.
5. Put lamb shoulder in a deep roasting tray with roughly cut carrots, onion, celery, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary.
6. Add chicken stock to baking tray until bamb is ¾ submerged.
7. Cover lamb with baking paper, seal lamb with foil and cook for 12 Hours at 90 degrees.
8. Once shoulder is cooked remove from tray.
9. Remove the large flat bone from the shoulder.
10. Glaze shoulder in a pan with some of its cooking liquid and a knob of butter.
11. Keep basting. Mix heated potatoes with butter and chopped mint.12. Once vegetables are cooked toss with butter, garnish with picked thyme and season well.
Follow Colin on Twitter @fourinhandhttp://www.fourinhand.com.au/