30mm sausage casingsSalad
2 tbs chopped walnuts, toastedDressing
• To ensure a juicier sausage, we have changed our method slighlty from that used in the show. Chopping the duck meat to keep it coarse and chunky, rather than putting it through the mincer, helps keep the sausage filling moist.
• Refrigerating sausages before cooking helps the filling stay together. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
• This recipe makes approximately 12 sausages, so you will have 8 left over after making this recipe. Freeze them or cook and use in a variety of dishes – you could serve with mash or use in gourmet sandwiches with rocket and cranberry sauce.
1. Remove and discard fat from duck breasts. Chop meat into 3mm pieces and place in a large bowl. Following manufacturers instructions, put pork fat through a 10mm-course mince plate. Add to duck with remaining ingredients. Using clean hands mix well to combine.
2. Place sausage casings over sausage filling attachment and pass mixture through to make sausages. Twist sausages at 10cm long. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
3. Cook beetroot in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Peel and quarter.
4. Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.5. To make salad dressing, whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Season. Add salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
A delicious savoury breakfast. Drizzle over with honey for added sweetness.