Sliced fresh figs, to servePersian love cakes
1 1/2 tbsp pistachios, choppedYoghurt panna cotta
Toasted pistachios, to decorateRosewater syrup
Tips:- On the show, we used presentation rings to make our Persian love cakes, so that they would have straight sides. You could also use mini cheesecake tins, with removeable bases.
1. To make Persian love cakes, preheat oven to 180C. Grease four holes of a muffin pan (125ml capacity). Line bases with baking paper.
2. Process almond meal, sugars, butter and salt until combined.
3. Remove half the mixture and divide among prepared pan holes. Press down over base.
4. Add egg and yoghurt to remaining almond meal mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour over base in pan holes. Sprinkle with pistachios.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool 5 minutes in pans. Loosen edges with a greased knife. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
6. To make panna cotta, lightly grease four plastic dariole moulds (125ml-capacity).
7. Stir cream, sugar, gelatine and paste in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar and gelatine dissolve (do not boil). Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature. Slowly whisk in yoghurt. Pour into prepared moulds. Refrigerate for several hours or until set.
8. To make rosewater syrup, stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add cinnamon quill. Simmer for about a further 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat. Stir in rosewater essence. Cool.9. To serve, invert panna cottas on to serving plates. Decorate with a pistachio. Serve with love cakes and figs. Drizzle with syrup.
A delicious savoury breakfast. Drizzle over with honey for added sweetness.