Crispy Fried Prawns, wrapped In Egg Noodles served on a Vietnamese Salad
- Preparation time:
- 30 mins
- Cooking time:
- 15 mins
- 50g egg noodles
- 12 peeled green king prawns, tails intact
- 2 limes, halved
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly sliced red chilli, for garnishing
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, seeded, sliced thinly
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts
- 80g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 80g beansprouts, trimmed
- 200g salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- For a curly chilli garnish, place sliced chilli strips in iced water until they curl.
Cook noodles in boiling water, as per packet instructions, until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly. Divide into 12 portions. Wrap each portion around a prawn.
To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
Combine all salad ingredients in a medium bowl. Add dressing. Toss to combine.
Cook lime halves, cut-side down, in a grill pan for about 5 minutes or until browned.
Deep fry prawns in batches for about 2-3 minutes or until noodles are golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Season.
Serve prawns with salad and lime halves. Garnish with chilli.